Join now - be part of our community!

Playmemories

Playmemories

Purchased a WX350 in May but have only got round to transfering pics to laptop - or trying to.

Laptop does not recognise camera, even though I am using the up to date version of Windows 10. Downloaded Playmemories software but when I try to import pics I get a message telling me to attach and switch on a camera....even though the camera is switched on and fully attached to the laptop via USB. Sony's telephone helpline service could not provide an answer either - despite a long phone conversation with an advisor.

Does anyone else have this problem and, more importantly, can they offer a solution......before I have to go through the hassle of returning the product?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the community.

We'll look into this and get back to you as soon as we can.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Cameraken1,

is your camera in the right USB-mode?

Set it to "Mass storage" just as described here: https://helpguide.sony.net/gbmig/45298511/v1/en/contents/TP0000508320.html?search=usb

If that fails, maybe try another cable - in rare cases the one packed with the camera can be damaged/broken).

You can also always take out the SD-card and insert it into a SD card reader, since in that case the camera can be left switched off and conserve battery (it is the option I prefer) - PlayMemories Home will recognize the SD card is from the camera and allow the import regardless.

- Nic