Join now - be part of our community!

PMB Importing the same media files, over and over again

profile.country.en_GB.title
saltyzip
Visitor

PMB Importing the same media files, over and over again

Hi,

I am using PMB v5.6.01.03300 since I purchased my Sony DSC-HX100V a few months back.

My biggest frustration in using this camera, is using the media import facility of the software.

Even though I have checked "Import only media files that have not been imported" under PMB import settings, PMB still wants to import all the media on the SD card, irrespective if they have been imported previously.

It also imports all the media files into the same folder of the last image taken which is usally the current day, irrespective of whether the photos etc. were taken on that day or not.

The Import facility is really broken and is starting to drive me nuts.

Can someone please advise if I am doing something wrong, or is this a well known bug? If the latter Sony should have fixed this by now.

Thanks

Stephen

UTC Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London

Message was edited by: saltyzip

Message was edited by: saltyzip

6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Stephen - welcome to the Sony Forums
I have checked your version number for your copy of PMB - there has been an updated version released called version 5.6.02 and I would suggest updating this first of all to see if this fixes your issue with importing photos. The software can be found here:
This link is available from the general online support / updates page for your camera model which is located here:
Many thanks,
Simon

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

Message was edited by: blaireau_photo

saltyzip
Visitor

I've just completed the update to PMB, but it has had no effect.

After the import of all the files from the camera, I go straight back to import again and it selects all 429 of my photos once more (1.79GB)... sigh...

I will uninstall PMB completely this time and start from scratch.

I also have a Sony camcorder which I use PMB for, so downloading specific version for each Sony gadget, isn't exactly a workable option, this is a case of one size should fit all.

saltyzip
Visitor

Just done a complete re-install, made sure I deleted Sony directory under Program Files x86 and I also had a Sony USB driver installed in add/remove programs.

Same end result unfortunately.

PMB just keeps on importing all the files on the SD into todays date.

I am using Win 7 x64 SP1 with PMB version 5.6.02.06173

What next?

Mick2011
New

Hi Stephen

One possible workaround might be to remove the card from the camera and use an external USB card reader, or the appropriate card-reader slot built in to your PC if it has one.

This should bypass any camera settings and allow you to import as required.

Hope this helps in the short-term, at least.

Cheers

Mick

saltyzip
Visitor

My current workaround is to format the SD Card, once I have copied the files off the camera using PMB and backed them up to the cloud.

I would prefer to keep them on the camera for a little longer, not only for temporary backup, but as the Misses likes to take the SD card down to Tesco's every now for some prints.

Still not sure if this problem is affecting everyone or certain cameras, or certain variations of OS.

So Sony, what is the deal on this one, is engineering looking into the problem with PMB and do you need any more information from me?

Mick2011
New

Hi saltyzip,

It would be really useful to know if the suggested workaround (using a card reader) eliminates the repeated upload problem for you, as this would eliminate PMB from the enquiry.

Best wishes

Mick