Join now - be part of our community!

power rx10m2 for long time lapse

profile.country.GB.title
chips7400
New

power rx10m2 for long time lapse

Hi, If I want to use my camera out and away from power then I am limited to the life of a battery. I have spare batteries but if doing a time lapse then I do not want to move the camera. I was thinking of using a power bank but it would use a lead into the socket that the intervalometer uses. Some cameras have a false battery connector to use with a power bank. Can anyone suggest a solution to my problem

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @chips7400,

@chips7400  schrieb:

Some cameras have a false battery connector to use with a power bank. 

You mean a "dummy battery"?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
chips7400
New

Thanks. That was a great help!

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Chips,

Did you manage to get this dummy battery?

profile.country.GB.title
chips7400
New

Hi Rick,

I have n ot managed to find a dummy battery b ut still would love to find one. Have not had a great deal of help from Sony as when I have emailed they seem to get the wrong idea of what I want. I do not want to know about compatible power banks but would really like to know if Sony ( or anyone else) has produced a dummy battery lead so that I can use an intervalometer and power bank at the same time.

Cheers and heres hoping someone can help

profile.country.GB.title
Lord_viridis
Expert

If you Google "dummy battery NP-FW50" followed by the connection you want (usb, usb c) you'll find the one you want.

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi chips,

Yes if you did a search online, you will find few of them, i've noticed that some of them includes the DC usb port which you can plug to your power bank.