Join now - be part of our community!

Problem editing ACVHD as Windows Movie maker wont work

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gordonclan7
Visitor

Problem editing ACVHD as Windows Movie maker wont work

I have a problem I just bought a DSC-HX9V and used it for the first time at the weekend. I managed to import the videos and pictures on PMB but when I try to go into Windows or Windows Live Movie Maker it will not download the ACVHD file for me to add titles etc, and I don't want to have to change it into a WMV file as it will not keep its quality. I am on Vista Home Premium any suggestions?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you want to edit HD video in the ACVHD format, you will have to buy HD Editing software.

There are now quite a few that can handle this format but the main contenders remain: -

Corel VideoStudio

Adobe Premiere Elements

Sony Vegas

Pinnacle Studio

Most do a 30 day free trial of the full product - so get yourself a free 30 days!

:wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you want to edit HD video in the ACVHD format, you will have to buy HD Editing software.

There are now quite a few that can handle this format but the main contenders remain: -

Corel VideoStudio

Adobe Premiere Elements

Sony Vegas

Pinnacle Studio

Most do a 30 day free trial of the full product - so get yourself a free 30 days!

:wink:

ukzero1
New

You can give OpenShot Video Editor a go. It deals with most formats, converts and saves in any format.  It's totally free being open source and is updated on a regular basis. OpenShot can create very good videos, films, and animations with an easy-to-use interface and a host of features. It also deals with M2TS files. Being new here I don't if posting links is allowed, but search OpenShot and you'll find it.