Join now - be part of our community!

Purchase of a new SonyRX100-M6

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
MikeL52.
Explorer

Purchase of a new SonyRX100-M6

Hello Folks. With apologies for this "idiot/novice" question

Just bought a RX100-M6 online from Park Cameras. Previously had the basic RX100.I have set up the new camera with date and time etc & transfered the old battery and memory card from the old RX100.

The memory card is SanDisk 16 GB (80 MB/s). Is this compatible??

I can see/play back all the old still images stored there, but can't seem to take photos or add images (to it ) using the new camera. I suspect this is because I have to donwload all the images to my PC and delete/wipe them all from the memory card first.

Can anyone help with the correct procedures for setting up.

Many thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MikeL52.,

I am with @Strampke - discard the 16GB SDHC card and get yourself a SDXC card (they start at 64GB size) as the FAT32 format (used on all SDHC cards) is outdated in my eyes and especially causes issues when shooting video with your camera (as the files are "cut" into 4GB pieces as FAT32 doesn't support single files bigger than 4GB).

- Nic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Let your new camera format the SD card or rather buy a new SD card for you shiny RX100 M6.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @MikeL52.,

I am with @Strampke - discard the 16GB SDHC card and get yourself a SDXC card (they start at 64GB size) as the FAT32 format (used on all SDHC cards) is outdated in my eyes and especially causes issues when shooting video with your camera (as the files are "cut" into 4GB pieces as FAT32 doesn't support single files bigger than 4GB).

- Nic