Join now - be part of our community!

"Connected to the access point. Cannot connect to the computer to be saved"

ThomasHDK
New

"Connected to the access point. Cannot connect to the computer to be saved"

Hi.

I have for days now tried to get WiFi Import to Playmemories Working. I got it working one time then it stopped working. Tried to reinstall it on a newly installed Windows 8.1, still the same issue.

Can someone from Sony tell me some techincal detailt on how it's working?

1. What happens when you "pair" the camera with USB, how does the camera identify the computer and viceversa. And where is data written? I have tried to track file and registry changes. But cant identify where the settings is stored.

2. I have sniffed some netowrk packets when i turn on the camera and i can see that it sends out alot of SSDP discovery packet, and some MDNS packet. But for some reason the SOHDms service does not respond.

Home someone can get me some insight so i can get this working.

7 REPLIES 7
ThomasHDK
New

Really. No replies?

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi ThomasHDK, this is a user forum so you should not expect a reply from Sony.
If you supply your camera model then there is a possibility that someone may be able to help but if it is a Sony reply you want then you would need to contact Sony support direct
ThomasHDK
New

Thanks for the reply. I mabye thought there where some dedicated users who maybe had figured it out. Maybe to get it working on a homeserver of sorts. I would be nice if it was running on the home server because it's always on. Then when i get home i can just get it to send the pictures to server, without starting my client.

Yes of course, my model is RX100-II :slight_smile:

bren2888
New

I had this and I cure it by turningon network discovery.

go to here and click "turn on network disocvery". (first option under privte network)

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

Also explained here in tedius detail.

http://www.dummies.com/computers/operating-systems/windows-10/how-to-enable-network-discovery-and-co...

Also make sure your firewall is not blocking private networks.

my camera was for a wx220 but works for other cameras/devices, it is a windows network setting.

If it is not turned on for private networks you will have problems and the error message may not be very helpfiul.

You don't need to turn on public networks not unless you want your beighbours uploading stuff to your machine lol.

profile.country.IT.title
carlocki
New

I have the same message

I connected the camera via wi fi for 2 years, not it does not work with hte message of errore

kv03uat
New

I had similar problem. Solution was to disable the Firewall for the period of download.

I have discovered that apparently some Windows 10 feature updates have the unintended consequence of modifying the network type to "Public" (non-discoverable).  I have successfully used Wi-Fi file transfer with my A6100 since acquiring it, however just the other day I encountered the same disability as the original poster.  Lo and behold, the network type had changed (without my interaction) to Public and simply correcting it to "Private" (discoverable) wireless file transfer capability was restored.