Join now - be part of our community!

Remove Date Stamp From Photos

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rrigby_3
Visitor

Remove Date Stamp From Photos

Hi, I have a DSC-HX9V, can anyone tell me how to remove the date/time stamp from the photographs? i don't like big red writing all over my lovely shots. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

If you have a look at the link below to a PDF manual

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4275583421.pdf

Page 23 shows you the option on Shooting Settings (Write Date)

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I really hate to say it but this needs to be switched off before the photos have been taken. After that, they are electronically printed on so the only way to remove them is to crop them via photo editing or retake them.

rrigby_3
Visitor

Thanks for the info - do you know how I turn it off for future pictures?

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

If you have a look at the link below to a PDF manual

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4275583421.pdf

Page 23 shows you the option on Shooting Settings (Write Date)

Hope that helps

geraldaporter
Visitor

I have the same problem on 700 photos I took in Italy on my first venture with the HX9V. The date stamp must have been turned on, but it doesn't display onscreen on the camera on any of the photos, so I didn't know. When I transferred them, the date stamp showed up on the images. When I check on the camera, even in zoom view mode, the date is not there. How can I salvage my work without editing? How is it that they display correctly (no date stamp) on the back of the camera? Thanks for any help you can provide.

synapse975
Visitor

To remove date stamp from already taken photos I am using photo retouching software Inpaint

klauzser
Visitor

You should have Adobe Photoshop installed in your computer in case you want to edit your pictures especially when you want to remove date stamps or watermark or something similar.

profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Go tto setup menu (see screenshot) and set "Write Date" to off.

Please note that there is a DATE symbol on the LCD screen indicating DATE stamp, but this is only visible if "Detailed Info" has been set for Display options.

louise25
New

Thank you for being so helpful. Cropping picture to exclude date can cut of duck's legs!

profile.country.GB.title
amjc1b3
Explorer

I have the same problem -- please help!  I need to fix it on my camera so that I will not have the date stamp in the future.