Join now - be part of our community!

RX10 M3 serios problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Fransham334
New

RX10 M3 serios problem

After being a Nikon man for a very long time I have now settled down with the RX10M3 and the RX100m3 and I am delighted with both.
This last two days I have been trying to sort out a problem on my new RX10 M3 and I expect someone out there will tell me where am I going wrong.
The situation: a landscape with a railway running across it - I am there to photograph the steam trains.
With no trains in the view I can take shot after shot - immediately, with no problem.
The train comes along - I focus on it, take the picture - the shutter appears to lock up and the image I have taken remains in the viewfinder for about 5 secs and then it seems to unlock and I can take another shot. It also unlocks the shutter if I lightly touch the shutter button immediately after taking the shot.
It is a very odd situation and I have been trying to rectify it over the past two days - I can find nothing in the manual or in the menus that could suggest this oddity.
Over to the community!
Ken

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Fransham334
New

Problem sorted, with no help from the forum or Sony - does not bode well for the future, although it is possibly because the DX10M3 is quite new and not a lot about yet, but Sony should pick up and respond to these problems.

The answer to my problem was simple really - took me three days to note that I had 'auto review' in action - something I had never come across before - I changed it to 'Off' and the problem was cleared. I would say that 'Off' should be the default setting because it is what most photographers are accustomed to.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Fransham334
New

Problem sorted, with no help from the forum or Sony - does not bode well for the future, although it is possibly because the DX10M3 is quite new and not a lot about yet, but Sony should pick up and respond to these problems.

The answer to my problem was simple really - took me three days to note that I had 'auto review' in action - something I had never come across before - I changed it to 'Off' and the problem was cleared. I would say that 'Off' should be the default setting because it is what most photographers are accustomed to.

profile.country.GB.title
Deepgreen2010

However, why did it not review any images except that including the train?

MCLowe
New

It sounds like he managed to turn it on by accident.  It's funny to hear this problem, though.  After almost 20 years of owning Sony cams, when I first get one of these cameras and take a picture and the image stays like that, I know to immediately go in and disable auto-review.  One of those face-slap moments if you didn't know about it before, right?  Good thing you didn't take it somewhere for service.  That would be embarrassing!

The other thing I always immediately turn off is the stupid shutter sound effect, and any little sounds it makes when you're moving around in the menu system.  Does anyone ever really need those sounds????