Join now - be part of our community!

RX10 M4

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
alun.67
Explorer

RX10 M4

Please! Does anyone know the thread diameter size of the shutter hole on the RX10 M4.

As I want to connect a concave or convex button to it.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
A-Restless-Soul
Explorer

The threaded part of a mechanical shutter release cable is a tapered thread. From memory, I think the thickest part of the thread is around 2.5mm or 3mm across and are all the same dimensions. See image below.

Tapered threadTapered thread

I have just gone over to this camera from a Fujifilm X-T2 setup and I had a red concave button on that cameras shutter button, so I have just taken it off the Fuji and placed it onto the RX10IV.

Makes a whole lot of difference to pressing the shutter button with more accuracy.

Hope this is useful.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @alun.67

Do you mean the hole on the shutter realease button?

As far as I know it's a 'standard' thread for a mechanical shutter release cable. I'm not sure there's a size as such, and it would be quite difficult to measure accurately; perhaps the best way would be to measure a cable release thread?

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
A-Restless-Soul
Explorer

The threaded part of a mechanical shutter release cable is a tapered thread. From memory, I think the thickest part of the thread is around 2.5mm or 3mm across and are all the same dimensions. See image below.

Tapered threadTapered thread

I have just gone over to this camera from a Fujifilm X-T2 setup and I had a red concave button on that cameras shutter button, so I have just taken it off the Fuji and placed it onto the RX10IV.

Makes a whole lot of difference to pressing the shutter button with more accuracy.

Hope this is useful.

profile.country.GB.title
alun.67
Explorer

Thank you for the reply with photo very much appreciated.

That has sorted things out for me.

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Can one use a remote shutter release using the micro USB port? I have tried mine and it doesn't work??