Join now - be part of our community!

RX10M4 V2 update issue

profile.country.GB.title
EricRX10M4
Explorer

RX10M4 V2 update issue

Just bought a new RX10M4, so I am new to this blog.

Before I start using it, I want to update firmware to V2 so that it is fully compatible with Imaging Edge Desktop rather than the old PlayMemories stuff.

Following the excellent Sony instructions, I get as far as Menu 3/6 'USB Connection   Mass Storage'  which is greyed out.   When I press it, I get  two bars 1:  'Ctrl w/ Smartphone'  and 2:  'On'.   When I press either of these I get taken back to 'USB Connection  Mass Storage' still greyed out.

I have emailed SONY twice, but, disappointingly, they have not responded,  Took the camera into the shop (Jessops) where I bought it, but is seems that they are not allowed to do Firmware upgrades on customers' cameras,  and suggested I contact SONY.

Does anyone out there in SonyWorld have any ideas/advice?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Welcome to the forum.

I recently bought mine new (bet it was cheaper than yours🤣) and did exactly the same thing with no problem.

These are the instructions I followed.... 

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Have you sorted this out Eric???

profile.country.GB.title
EricRX10M4
Explorer

Hi

Yes, I have just done it, and am now running V2.0 - Thank you for your guidance.

You are probably right that my RX10M4 cost more than yours, but then I probably got more for my D750 trade-in, plus the promotional cashback.  Either way, I'm not bothered. 

Thanks again.

Eric

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Be interested to know how you get on with it Eric. Taking me a while to get accurately focussed shots with the larger focus area than I'm used to with my Canon 7D Mkll. Also keep forgetting that full zoom is 600mm so have to remember only to go out to 450/500 when hand holding.

profile.country.GB.title
EricRX10M4
Explorer

Hi

Managed to try it out with flash photography over the weekend, mainly photographing some of my Nikon stuff to sell on eBay. Very pleased with the results shooting in Manual with two Godox flashguns.  What I really need to do now is fire up the WiFi so I can download to my desktop more easily. Haven't got much time at the moment as I have a book to finish by the end of the month, but will make time over the weekend to try something.

Eric