Join now - be part of our community!

Sony DSC HX 90V Problem with downloading pictures to computer

profile.country.GB.title
psiclops

Sony DSC HX 90V Problem with downloading pictures to computer

I never quite worked out the Memories Home software but used it to transfer photos and videos from camera to computer - I copied from the Memories thing into another file and worked on my pictures from there.
But suddenly the Memories software didn't work and that page where I normally download new photos only had the option to download photos buit said there were none to download.
I gave up on the Memories software and looked on the Computer for my pictures which were in an F drive which showed all the ones on my camera which I then copied and worked on the latest.
Trouble is I now realise that none of the videos show - although there are on my camera and play OK there. Only the still shots have transferred.

I am a non techie older person so I'm sorry if this is all a bit vague but how can I get to see and work on my video clips please - in easy to understand language please.
Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @psiclops and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

The videos will be stored in a different folder to the photos on your memory card.

You can take the SD memory card out of your camera and insert it into your pc.

When you access it (from the 'This PC' tab,) have a look in each folder and subfolder.

The photos will be in a folder called DCIM

The videos may well be in a folder called PRIVATE or MP_ROOT.

Depending on what software you use to view videos you will then be able to open and view them.

Let us know how it goes.

profile.country.GB.title
psiclops

Firstly thanks so much for your reply.
Don't ask me how but that problem seem to resolve itself but I now have a new one involving transferring photos from my camera to computer.
Usually when I plug it in on the USB lead I get a 'ping' noise and then a second one as I switch it on and the play Memories page comes up etc ready for the pictures.
But suddenly nothing happens at all except my camera screen reads "Check the coonnected device".
I tried changing the USB port, turning the compie on and off etc but nothing changed.
Then on the computer I searched for Play Memories and something came up about initialising and return to default so I checked that box hoping that would help but nothing.
Thinking a problem with the lead I plugged the camera and the same lead into a laptop I have and got the familar sounds and not sure about Play Memories but the photos did go through OK if I wanted to save them to the laptop.
But I am still stuck with the main computer problem refusing to respond when the camera is plugged in.
A bit worrying because I use that USB lead for charging the camera but when I plug it in now the camera charging light does not even come on.
Do hope this all means something to somebody who can help me.
Thanks in advance.

profile.country.GB.title
psiclops

Oh one more thing - I did check on the camera and the USB thing is on Mass Storage. Thanks

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @psiclops,

@psiclops  schrieb:

Then on the computer I searched for Play Memories and something came up about initialising and return to default so I checked that box hoping that would help but nothing.

well, I'm sitting at a German Windows PC so please forgive me in case I do not find the exact wording. @jumpsuit might be able to follow my recommendations and add some correct translations :wink:

Whatsoever, please look for a tool named "Initialisation tool for PlayMemories Home" or similar. You should be able to find it via Window's start menue or by means of the Explorer. In my case the direct link to the app is this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\PlayMemories Home\PMBInit.exe"

Start the app and activate the boxes for resetting the app to default values and (maybe even more important) the box saying "delete temporary files" (or similar). Maybe it's a good idea to restart Windows thereafter although this should not be necessary. However, PlayMemories Home will have "forgotten" all of the folders which you've added beforehand so unfortunately you'll need to add those manually again. This will take some background time as the software will re-build it's complete database.

If that does not work I'll recommend to download and install the latest version of PlayMemories Home. This should be the current one. However, in this case I'd recommend to uninstall the existing version of PlayMemories Home beforehand. You've got to add your folders anyhow so why not start from scratch. Nevertheless you could as well try to install the latest version on top of the current one at first. Just to your liking.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)