Join now - be part of our community!

SONY HX100V CAMERA TIPS ?

profile.country.fr_FR.title
PENDEUX
Visitor

SONY HX100V CAMERA TIPS ?

I have just bought the Sony HX100V bridge camera, dismayed at such a small operating manual (27 pages).  It covers the functions but not how to use it in its various modes.  the word "macro" does not appear anywhere in the on line or booklet, so how do I take macro photos for example along with all the other types of photos I want to take ?

Can any kind person point me in the right direction on operating skills rather than knowing what button does what ?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Pendeux,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Just to clarify have you checked the Cyber-shot user guide that should be found on the CD supplied with your HX100V..:smileyconfused:

profile.country.en_GB.title
PeteHarman
Visitor

Quite agree with Pendeux - for a camera with such a complex range of features, the manual is woefully inadequate.  There is also no dedicated source book - a publication such as "Getting the most from your DSC-HX100V" would be  very welcome, covering such topics as when to use iAuto versus iAuto+, how to select optimum white balance, how modes and overlays interact etc etc.  And giving a generic 'online' manual is a joke.  Expected better from Sony.

PENDEUX
Visitor

Thalamus@   Yes I have downloaded the user guide, it's as much use as a chocolate tea pot.  My faithful Pentax X90 came with a 137 page fully comprehensive user guide and demonstration videos on how to use all the functions and settings.  Sony have fallen far short of Pentax's superiority in this department.

So I'm still looking for help on how to set the camera up for various shots.

However with my first goes with the camera the auto focus of the HX100V is very accurate and produces superb quality images.

Message was edited by: PENDEUX

Message was edited by: PENDEUX

PENDEUX
Visitor

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your comments.

Very exasperated with the lack of guidance in the minimalist manual.

I have ditched the Sony camera and reverted back to my faithful Pentax X90 camera, although the auto focus is a bit hit & miss at times (which I can live with), I have discovered that the Pentax produces far better quality photos than the Sony.