Join now - be part of our community!

Sony RX10

profile.country.GB.title
goknowl
New

Sony RX10

I have the RX10 and the RX10 111. I use the RX10 for Video use all the time. However I get this annoying change when shooting a scene of light and dark as though the sensor is struggling to cope with the change in lighting. Can anyone suggest a setting for me that will allow me to shoot videos with the normality I use to get with the dedicated sony camcorder I use to use. I have it set to cam use all the time, but would love to be able just to shoot videos in auto mode, I am 71 years old now so complication its a bain to me.Please help me. The RX10 111 i just use for photographs only because I enjoy the 24 mm to 600 mm lens.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

There is an online help guide for your camera with information on customising shooting functions here. Maybe this will help.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
goknowl
New

Ed,

Thank you for the information but I have a feeling the sensor is not working as it should. The vast difference of lighting when panning on Video is too much. it goes from bleaching out to dark. I had a Sony camcorder before and I never had this problem.

Gordon.

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Gordon,

If you believe the sensor is not working as it should I would recommend getting in touch with the support team for further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
goknowl
New

Yippee I sussed it now I went to Haynes Motor museum and reset all my inputs, I had the meter set onto spot which is useless for video I set it to overall and it worked ok now.