Join now - be part of our community!

Sony RX100 MkII Control with phone limitation

profile.country.GB.title
straightbanana

Sony RX100 MkII Control with phone limitation

Hello again Sony,

I posted this on the USA forum 4 months ago with no luck.

Since my few previous posts, which have yet to be resolved, I unfortunately have another issue which needs resolving. This may probably be the last as I want a camera to work for my needs which is not at the moment.

I know your busy bringing out new cameras, but fixing some of the issues with exisiting cameras should also be of paramount importance as these are (hopefully) your loyal customers which keep your company in business.

I have an issue with the Play memories app and control with phone function.

Firstly the app it is extremely simple and non fucnctional other than in an automatic basis.

Secondly I like to use fixed manual settings on the camera, like setting shutter speeds and aperture settings for a desired shot, cropping and colour space. Once I have set these up I then do not want to touch the camera or I want to be able to put the camera in a remote location to shoot something where I am not able to reach with my hand.

I set the "control with phone" function and then initiate the play memories app.

What I find is a perfectly exposed shot on my iphone with all of my manual settings lost on the camera.

I then try to use the camera in the P, A, S, MR etc modes and the camera does the same thing.

Any of my inputted selections in any of these modes are instantly lost in favour of an automatic and auto iso selection.

Any chance of your either fixing the Play Memories app with greater manual controls including expsoure simulation or letting my selections be saved when wanting to set up a shot with manual settings then going to the control with phone function?

For me this camera is not really working as I hoped it would.

Don't get me wrong it's a lovely camera and the functions on it, including the image quality are very good it's just the way I would like to use it is not available to me they way it was advertised to me prior to purchase.

0 REPLIES 0