Join now - be part of our community!

Tips for shooting sport - DSC HX400V

profile.country.GB.title
macman2905
New

Tips for shooting sport - DSC HX400V

Hello Community, I like to shoot my kids playing Rugby, and I have a couple of questions I'd appreciate your advice on. 

1) Image quality

Winter in the UK is often a gloomy time of year. How can I setup my HX400V best to capture crisp images of fast moving rugby action in less than perfect light? So far I leave it on Auto, and often get grainy or blurry results.

2) Storage Speed

I have a class 10 SD card. I chose it to solve this problem, but it doesn't seem to help. During a game I take lots of photos. However I often miss the perfect shot because my camera is busy saving the last shot to the SD card. Is there a way to speed up the storage of the image?

I'd welcome any general tips for shooting sport. I really enjoy it, and all the other parents either don't bother or use their phones for photos, which are no good if you need to zoom in. I love my HX400V, but when I can afford it I plan to upgrade to the RX10. It's just sooo expensive I can't justify it for my needs.

Thanks for reading!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey macman2905,

My advice is to select ISO beforehand, you can go early and select the best setting by taking few pics, you can find the setting here: https://helpguide.sony.net/gbmig/45306861/v1/en/contents/TP0000518203.html?search=iso