Join now - be part of our community!

Transferring Photos

profile.country.US.title
hgw53t
Explorer

Transferring Photos

Hello and how is everyone reading this today?  I would like to know if it is possible to transfer photos FROM a laptop computer TO my Cyber-shot  DSC-W80.  I know how (& do) transfer from the Cyber-shot to my laptop computer.  I do not have a slot for the SD card to fit into the computer, but I do have the transfer cable that came with the camera.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @hgw53t,

well, I won't be of any real help as I do not possess that camera. I just want to express that at least somebody is here to read your message. Whatsoever, here's some more text...

Okay, yes, you will be able to transfer images to a memory stick which was formatted by the camera. Nevertheless I don't know whether the camera would be able to detect and/or show those new images. In case an image does not follow the camera's specifications you won't be able to see the image on the camera display anyhow.

My question to you is: What do you need that for at all?

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.US.title
hgw53t
Explorer

To use, if ever needed as a backup. 

I do not have a port on my laptop for the camera micro SD card to fit in.

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @hgw53t,

@hgw53t  schrieb:

I do not have a port on my laptop for the camera micro SD card to fit in.

ah, I see. Well, I've never seen any laptop or so coming with a slot for micro SD cards. Whatsoever, in most cases micro SD cards come with an adapter into which you'd need to put the micro card. That adapter then fits into the SD card slot of your laptop. As an example look at this page (I've simply taken the first entry after searching for "micro sd card"). The third picture in the picture list on the left side shows such an adapter.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)