Join now - be part of our community!

why is there a file error on some pictures on my DSC-W370?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
millett96
Visitor

why is there a file error on some pictures on my DSC-W370?

Hello,

I was able to succesfully download the pictures from my DSC-W370 cybershot camera onto my computer, but afterwards i looked through my photos and certain photos came up with the message FILE ERROR with a blue background. This meant i was unable to view them or even delete them, and now i would like to recover the photos as i can't get them back onto my camera and do not know where they have gone to!

Please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi millett96, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You do sometimes get an error like that if you have rotated the image on your computer and then re-uploaded them to the memory card.

Are you using a genuine Sony MemoryStick? A more common cause of 'file error' problems is cheap memory cards, sometimes appearing to be branded but actually fakes. It's all too common on eBay and discount websites, unfortunately.

I hope it's just the rotation thing :thinking:

Regards,

Mick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mick2011
New

Hi millett96, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You do sometimes get an error like that if you have rotated the image on your computer and then re-uploaded them to the memory card.

Are you using a genuine Sony MemoryStick? A more common cause of 'file error' problems is cheap memory cards, sometimes appearing to be branded but actually fakes. It's all too common on eBay and discount websites, unfortunately.

I hope it's just the rotation thing :thinking:

Regards,

Mick

You may try camera photo recovery software, see this solution: http://goo.gl/D9N0eB

hope this helps.