Join now - be part of our community!

WX350 Blurry Photos

profile.country.GB.title
bd000580
New

WX350 Blurry Photos

Hi there recently bought a Sony WX350 and taken lots of practise shots, cannot get any wildlife or movement photos.  When checking the manual there is nowhere that says how to change the shutter speed,  I have checked the photos and some of the blurred ones have a shutter speed of 1/4s which is ridiculous.  Even walking and taking a photo doesn't work, is there something I'm missing?  Have tried I auto, S auto, scan and anti motion blur.  Please help.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @bd000580, welcome to the Community.

As far as I know there is no 'sports' mode nor manual control of shutter speed. It may be that Portrait mode will increase your shutter speed in good light, as it opens the aperture to maximum.

However the best way would be to avoid the preset shooting modes and set the camera to Program Auto. This will let you increase the ISO, which makes the camera more likely to use a faster shutter speed. 

Only select a very high ISO in poor (dim) light, as the higher the ISO values, the more noise (graininess) in the image.

In any event, remember shooting in dim light will always slow your shutter speed; shooting in bright conditions is the best way to reliably avoid this.

Hope that's of some help.

Mick