Join now - be part of our community!

wx350 motion shot??

profile.country.GB.title
sunnyring
Explorer

wx350 motion shot??

I have a wx350 camera bought primarily as I was so liking the photo on the promo page of the bird flying using motion shot so as images from one video are made into a single photo ..  now I cannot work out how to do it on the camera.  I followed instructions on online manual but it does not say how to save the image so as can be transfered off camera..  help please!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
sunnyring
Explorer

in the online manual it says cannot be saved as a video file but does not say how to save as an image,  the photo of the flying bird on the promo page was not shown on back of camera so must be possible to pull that image off screen but I am at a loss!!!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @sunnyring,

if you do a motion shot, the camera should save it as a normal image (jpeg) in camera.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
sunnyring
Explorer

well after 2 weeks emailing sony support I have a camera that does not save motion shot.  it makes the image- you can look on it on back of camera but cannot save it or send it to a pc.  I am very annoyed. bought the camera because I liked the feature but it is only able to be viewed on camera.  false advertising and Sony have been very unhelpful.   just keep sending me links to pages that say image cannot be saved as video or image file.  a complete con- why have a feature on a camera that cannot be saved?  and I would not have bought camera if I had known feature only works on camera and is not able to be viewed anywhere else.  

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @sunnyring,

I doubt the info you got from support is correct.

Kindly do the following: Format the memory card in-camera. Don't take any other photo besides the motions shot.

Pull out the SD card from the camera. Plug it into your PC via a SD-card-reader.

Search trough the whole SD card for the file extension .JPEG or .JPG (as well in lower case) until you find an image.

Then right click said image file and select "open file location" (or whatever it is in english, sorry, my Windows is German obviously).

Now you have the location the camera saved the image to. There you can find the images in the future as well.

Alternatively you can download PlayMemories Home from Sonys website and import the images this way, it will scan trough the whole SD card and find all images the camera has saved, even if they are in a different location.

- Nic