Join now - be part of our community!

WX500 - where are the videos? Show on camera but not card

profile.country.GB.title
r29002
New

WX500 - where are the videos? Show on camera but not card

Help please!

I recently bought a WX500. I've already taken and saved a few photos.

Today I took some videos as well, but when I put the SD card in the camera the videos don't show. There are no numbers missing from the sequence of picture numbers. The videos are viewable on the camera.

When I try to do wifi connect to Android, I can see the videos but cannot get them to copy.

Are the videos recoverable and if so, how? And if not, what can i do differently so as to not lose any future videos?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi there,

Welcome to the community.

You could try the steps here to see if they help.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
r29002
New

Many thanks for the suggestion and I apologise for taking so long to reply - I tried last weekend but couldn't log in and then forgot, sorry.

The issue is that while the videos are viewable on the camera, they do not show on the PC or tablet when connected using the methods outlined in that post. Neither by cable, wifi nor by inserting the SD card. The photos do show up, but the videos are missing - and I mean not visible at all, not simply that they won't play.

However, browsing the camera menu I found that the format of the photos was in something called AVCHD. I changed this to mp4 and now, videos taken since then do show up and can be transferred. I still haven't managed to get the previous ones copied across but at least it won't happen again. 

I'm new to Sony cameras and still finding my way around themenu and  settings, but for anyone else with the same issue, on the menu it was under Camera Settings (camera icon) and the 1st iten on the 2nd screen of those. 

profile.country.GB.title
AlanJD
Explorer

I have a different camera but there the videos are kept on the card at PRIVATE/AVCHD/BDMV/STREAM in files such as 00001.MTS.  (There's also data in other places.)

The Sony PlayMemoriesHome program (on my PC) will 'import media files' to the PC as m2ts files.  It will then let you 'edit/convert video' to save them as MP4 files