Join now - be part of our community!

Contact list not responding

SOLVED
RL01
Visitor

Contact list not responding

Each time I try to view my contact list,  I get a message "unfortunately, contacts as stopped"  how can I fix this?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @RL01, let me see if I can help out here.

Have you tried clearing the data for the contacts application? This will not erase any contacts from your phonebook, but it will reset all settings for the app which might do the trick. To do this, find and tap Settings > Apps > All apps > Contacts > Clear data > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone.

Another thing that you can try is to reboot your phone in safe mode to see if the app works better there. All apps downloaded from Play Store is temporarily deactivated while in safe mode, that way you can see if this error message is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here.

Try these measures to start and feel free to keep me posted with the results! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Martin1
Enthusiast

Have you tried clearing the data for the contacts application? This will not erase any contacts from your phonebook, but it will reset all settings for the app which might do the trick. To do this, find and tap Settings > Apps > All apps > Contacts > Clear data > Tap "OK" > Restart the phone.

Another thing that you can try is to reboot your phone in safe mode to see if the app works better there. All apps downloaded from Play Store is temporarily deactivated while in safe mode, that way you can see if this error message is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here.

RL01
Visitor

@Martin wrote:

@Martin thank you so much.  Clearing the data worked well.  Now I can enjoy calling.  That was a good solution

Martin1
Enthusiast

I am delighted to hear that, @RL01!

Let me know if anything else comes up regarding your phone! Have a great day and a fantastic week! Slightly_smiling_Face