Join now - be part of our community!

Alex Haley's Roots ebook

profile.country.en_GB.title
deportw
Visitor

Alex Haley's Roots ebook

Does anyone know where I can get the ebook of Alex Haley's Roots, for SOny PRS600 reader. It is available on Sony.com but not available to UK readers.

2 REPLIES 2
carpetmojo

Sorry, can't help you, beyond me I'm afraid, but you raise a point that puzzles me, as I'm a bit vague about this topic - why can't we download books from other countries, U.S. for example ? Is it to do with differing copyright laws/someone losing money somewhere along the line/international beaurocracy.... or what ?  :thinking:

AOh, and I've just d/loaded calibre, the number of recommendations and references  finally convincing me to try it.

Can I now buy from Amazon, or Kindle books, for example, or am I getting far too carried away ?!  :neutral:

Message was edited by: carpetmojo - missed a bit......

deportw
Visitor

Sony say that if you have a credit/debit card that is American/Canadian based, you can download it in the UK!!!!!!!!!!.  Can't see why it should make that much difference. :angry:

I understand that the Kindle ebooks are only available to download onto the Kindle, but the Kindle user can buy from other ebook stores. Sony ebook users CANNOT download from amazon. Although I am not 100% certain.