Join now - be part of our community!

Deactivate computer for PRS600

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Helsing1
Explorer

Deactivate computer for PRS600

I want to deactivate my PC as I want to use PRS600 on another PC.  I have tried following instructions from the help site but I can't find the "manage devices" option linked to the store.

Help!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Helsing1,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Does this help..

Connect your Reader to your PC via USB.

Open the Reader Library software & click Reader located in the menu on the right hand side of the screen.

Now press & hold Ctrl & Shift and tap the D key a couple of times..

You can check if the reader has been deathorised by either clicking on Status in the left hand menu of the Reader Library software..

or

Disconnect your Reader from the PC, switch the reader on & navigate to the About section..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Helsing1,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Does this help..

Connect your Reader to your PC via USB.

Open the Reader Library software & click Reader located in the menu on the right hand side of the screen.

Now press & hold Ctrl & Shift and tap the D key a couple of times..

You can check if the reader has been deathorised by either clicking on Status in the left hand menu of the Reader Library software..

or

Disconnect your Reader from the PC, switch the reader on & navigate to the About section..

Helsing1
Explorer

Hi.  Thanks for the really quick reply.  I have tried what you suggested but it hasn't worked.  I am using the new version of the reader software - could that be something to do with it.  Maybe I am going about the problem I have the wrong way.  I was trying to use a different PC because I have had problems downloading from Kobo.

When I try to download  books the internet times out - i.e no connectivity even though I have other tabs open.  I don't think it's the internet connection as we have 2 different PCs and 2 separate readers - no problems downloading on the other PC with the other Reader.  I have contacted Kobo but they say it is an internet or reader problem however I had no problems downloading from other stores.  Any ideas?  Thanks

carpetmojo

A few members - including me - have had troubles with Smiths , so p'raps this is a bit of that.

The Kobo library is reputed to be pretty good though.

I

Helsing1
Explorer

Thanks - bizarrely it has worked now!

earlyferry
Visitor

Hi,

I am so pleased to have found this thread!  I did the same as others - changed computer, email addressa and couldn't transfer  the books I had previously bought to my new reader.

I deactivated it now, but how do I activate it to be able to read all of my books please??

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

but how do I activate it to be able to read all of my books please??

Hi earlyferry,

You should be able to authorise your reader again by simply doing the following..

Connect your reader to your pc & open reader library

Drag one of your purchased book to your reader.

All being well you should see a pop-up window prompting you to authorise the Reader.

Make sure you use the same user ID & password that you used to purchase the ebooks..:smileywink:

earlyferry
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

thanks for this - I really can do technology, but this has defied all attempts to access the older books.

After I posted the help request last night, I clicked the sync button and got my more recent books back, but the "authorised to another user" message is still blocking access to all of my older books. :slight_frown:

Many thanks for your reply

:slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

earlyferry wrote:

but the "authorised to another user" message is still blocking access to all of my older books.

Many thanks for your reply

You can only authorise a reader to one user. As your older books are authorised to another user you're pretty much stuffed.

You'd need to re-authorise your reader to the other user to access your older books, but then you'll not be able to access the more recent books.