Join now - be part of our community!

DRM protected

profile.country.en_GB.title
swainsd
Visitor

DRM protected

Suddenly all my books have become DRM protected, very frustrating as I was half way through reading one and had a new book lined up for my next read.

Months ago I lost the use to access my reader software - it stopped responding.

My PRS T1 reader has been a problem from the start and I am disappointed.

Can anyone help and get me up and running again.

All my efforts to contact Sony draw a blank. Not good PR!!

Message was edited by: swainsd

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
carpetmojo

Well swainsd, first, books are either DRM protected or they aren't ! I don't think they suddenly acquire it ....

If you bought the books from a seller in the correct format for your reader, then they are yours in that format.

For example, an epub book will load to the Sony, or anything from the Sony Store, for example.

They won't suddenly become DRM'd so you can't read 'em - any seller specific DRM will be taken care of by you buying it to be read on a reader that reads the format.

If you've acquired them from any source that "won't" read on your reader, then you've made a booboo - for example, Kindle books - you can buy them, but the Amazon DRM would stop you being able to read them on your Sony, and you'ld need K4PC on your PC anyway, to get 'em.

So I'm a bit confused by what you describe.

The only exceptions, naturally, are non-DRM'd books - any Public Domain books (Gutenburg for example, or out of copyright works) , those from a private library ( such as MobileRead for example), or simply any work that says help yerself it's unrestricted ....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi swainsd,

sounds odd, have you checked if your PRS-T1 is still authorised to your adobe account.?

swainsd
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

Thank you for answer which seems could be the answer. For some reason my PRS- T1 is no longer authorised to my adobe account. Silly question to ask you but where will I find my serial number? All the numbers I have tried to register my product to Adobe ask me to enter a valid serial number and I no longer have the box. All basic it seems but still struggling.

Thank you for you help.

swainsd

thomasn75
Visitor

why dont you use the sony reader software to reauthorise it. you wont need the serial number then. just plug it in and look in the menu to authorise reader.

sorry just reread your original post. why did you loose access to reader software. maybe you need to delete it and reinstall it

Message was edited by: thomasn75

visadiva
Visitor

Hi

Did you find a solution to this.  Mine stopped mid book and the DRM message appeared.  It is now on all of the books I  have already read so the e-reader is useless.  I have tried the Sony shop who have no idea and the phone numbers they gave me are no use as they are all for games help.  Mine too has been a problem from the start, in fact this is my third.

carpetmojo

If you're still stuck, and can't use the reader, as a get you by solution so you can at least use it,try installing Calibre on your PC/laptop, and drag n' drop any books you saved to file. This may enable you to read 'em in original version, it's a very simple management system to use.

It will recognise the T1 automatically, no fiddling needed, just plug it in

With Calibre, you can at least compile a library and use it, for any books you then select save to file - unless they have a DRM on them.

Although I just can't see why this should be happening. Any luck on reauthorising it ?