Join now - be part of our community!

How do I do a hard re-set on my PRS-T1 ereader

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bd1941
Visitor

How do I do a hard re-set on my PRS-T1 ereader

I followed instructions to update the software on my PRS-T1 ereader, and it got as far as shutting down the reader and restarting.  It got as far as reaching the end of the Opening Book (the line has changed from all white to all black) and it has not moved since.  I cannot turn off the reader or anything. If I do a soft reset it just runs along to the end of the Opening Book and then I am back to square one.  Reader will not complete and open up.  Also unable to turn off.  Help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bd1941,

further info supplied to me from a reliable source..

It would seem that Adobe state that you can activate Adobe digital Editions on 6PC's & 6 devices but I am unable to find this on Adobe's site..:smileyconfused:

Try the following first, info taken from the Adobe support site - link

Authorizing your ereader with ADE

In most cases you can register your ereader quickly and simply. IF the following instructions do not work, please contact our ereader manufacturer directly.

1. Connect your ereader to your computer.

2. The ADE Authorize Device window will pop up. [On rare occasions where the pop up does not happen automatically, please try pressing CTRL + SHIFT + E after connecting your ereader.]

3. Click on Authorize Device.

4. ADE should now recognize your ereader, and will list it within the “Bookshelves” area of the ADE window.

If this does not work try connecting your reader to your PC using Reader for PC, once connected press Ctrl+Shift+D, hopefully this should de-register you reader..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
carpetmojo

The full hard reset details are in the manual - also available on-line in afree download - but there is always the battery which can be taken out, that be a kind of a hardreset..... But don't forget, with a hard reset you lose all your content, so make sure you back everything up first - which presumably you can't do anyway ? Have you tried hooking up to your PC/laptop ?

bd1941
Visitor

Have sent it to Sony, who say it is beyond repair.  How can I de-register it from "Adobe Digital Editions" so that I can add a different reader.  (Digital Editions only allows a couple of registrations) I have filled up my allocation and cannot add anything else until I somehow deregister this U/S reader.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bd1941,

according to Adobe support site -

You can activate up to six computers and devices. If you reach the limit, contact Customer Service to reset your activations.

Hopefully that will resolve your problem..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bd1941,

further info supplied to me from a reliable source..

It would seem that Adobe state that you can activate Adobe digital Editions on 6PC's & 6 devices but I am unable to find this on Adobe's site..:smileyconfused:

Try the following first, info taken from the Adobe support site - link

Authorizing your ereader with ADE

In most cases you can register your ereader quickly and simply. IF the following instructions do not work, please contact our ereader manufacturer directly.

1. Connect your ereader to your computer.

2. The ADE Authorize Device window will pop up. [On rare occasions where the pop up does not happen automatically, please try pressing CTRL + SHIFT + E after connecting your ereader.]

3. Click on Authorize Device.

4. ADE should now recognize your ereader, and will list it within the “Bookshelves” area of the ADE window.

If this does not work try connecting your reader to your PC using Reader for PC, once connected press Ctrl+Shift+D, hopefully this should de-register you reader..