Join now - be part of our community!

lamp

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_FR.title
midarq
Visitor

lamp

Hi

My reader is only 5 months old and the side lamp does not work...

Is it normal ? How do I change it?

Do I have to pay for it?

Thank you

Michele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Hello midarq - by side lamp, I presume you mean the light on a Sony cover ? A flexible arm with light that lights up when swivelled upwards to illuminate the reader page ?

It can simply be the battery needs renewing - rechargeable ones are OK, although battery life is good on these lamps. The battery is changed through a flip lid in the left side of the cover - shouldn't break your nails, it opens fairly easily !

The other reason may be the bulb needs changing - haven't done this myself, but should be standard maintainance level..... I'll have a look tomorrow.

Try the battery first anyway, it's the most likely.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Hello midarq - by side lamp, I presume you mean the light on a Sony cover ? A flexible arm with light that lights up when swivelled upwards to illuminate the reader page ?

It can simply be the battery needs renewing - rechargeable ones are OK, although battery life is good on these lamps. The battery is changed through a flip lid in the left side of the cover - shouldn't break your nails, it opens fairly easily !

The other reason may be the bulb needs changing - haven't done this myself, but should be standard maintainance level..... I'll have a look tomorrow.

Try the battery first anyway, it's the most likely.

Hope this helps.