Join now - be part of our community!

Landscape view (bug / user friendliness issue)

profile.country.sv_SE.title
ekim87
New

Landscape view (bug / user friendliness issue)

Hello,

There are issues with the software in PRS-T3 ebook reader. I bought the reader for myself (from sony directly) and both my parents (third party store).

As we tried different settings we ran across some difficulties: when we changed to landscape (through customize view -> page mode -> landscape, or something like that) the view got stuck there, despite clicking "original" in the same menu to attempt to revert back the view, it didn't work. There was a second option to use to toggle landscape that worked as a workaround (through the more -> orientation menu), but there should not be any bugs in a finished product because it really damages user friendliness, it sure confused the heck out of me, though I am a programmer by occupation.

posted it here, because e-mail support was temporarily down.

Michael

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.it_IT.title
jan2011
Enthusiast

Hi
As I had answered on a “similar” thread on Italian Community, I have to repeat even here.
I think that, this is not a “bug”!!!

Here on manual: http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4470508411.pdf

And on page 99, you can see “Changing orientation”.
(Press Menu(button)-->tap [More] --> tap [Orientation])
This option change text Orientation and nothing else!

On page 104, you can see “Changing the page mode”.
(Press Menu(button)-->tap [Customize View] --> tap [Page Mode] --> tap [Fit Landscape Width])
This option,
first ,changes text orientation (if in Portrait mode) into Landscape mode,
AND second, “Displays(arranges) the page FIT  to landscape view”.
When you tap on the same Menu [Original], the reader device removes “splits” or other “text arranges/modifies”, but let orientation mode into Landscape mode.

Why don’t change, even, view mode on portrait mode?
Because it’s simple!
Reader doesn’t know if previously you were reading ebook on Portrait or Landscape Mode.

Anyway try do the same with a PDF file and you’ll see the difference!!!

Jannis

Non mi aspetto nulla. Non temo nulla. Sono libero. - I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.   (N.K.)
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

I'm afraid I'm the old-fashioned type who, in the first couple of weeks, spends more time reading the manual than any other material !

My son however simply chucks it over his shoulder - whatever tech gadget concerned - and just ....well..... does it.

I tell you, I think it's an evolutionary thing .....:smileycry: