Join now - be part of our community!

My Reader for PC rejects my Adobe ID

profile.country.DE.title
AchimJoki
New

My Reader for PC rejects my Adobe ID

I downloaded several DRM protected eBooks already here in Germany from "Libri.de" and from its successor "eBook.de" and I can read them with my "Adobe Digital Editions" reader software at my PC. I used by Adobe ID (eMail and password) for successfully registering my PC for reading these books with Adobe Digital Editions.

Now, some days ago, I purchased the Sony Reader PRT-T2 via eBook.de for being able to read my eBooks not only at my PC but also on the reader. The reader comes with the "Reader for PC" software which is the tool for transfering my eBooks from my PC into the reader. However as soon as I open "Reader for PC", it asks me to authorize my computer by help of an Adobe ID. So I enter my Adobe ID (which works with "Adobe Digital Editions") but it is rejected with "E_AUTH_USER_ALREADY_REGISTERED". Also, when I click "Infos" in my "Reader for PC", it shows the "Reader for PC" as well as the Reader (device), both as "Not authorized".

QUESTION: Why is my Adobe ID rejected by the "Reader for PC" software? How to authorize this tool as well as my Sony reader? Do I need a new Adobe ID (using a different eMail address)? Will this allow me to read my previously downloaded eBooks (which I can read with Adobe Digital Editions at the PC) at my reader?

AND: How to transfer eBooks from my PC into my Sony Reader, e.g. via cable that connects the reader to my PC? I learnt that "drag&drop" in Windows Explorer is not the preferred method (I tried it but the reader device says: These books are DRM protected, you can't read them), and it's better to use "Reader for PC" for this book transfer. But I can't find out how to use "Reader for PC" for that purpose. The user manual is very silent on this topic, it seems.

Any help is welcome.

Thanks,

Achim (at Munich, Germany)

1 REPLY 1
brooksy43
New

Hi,

I also can not transfer PC to reader, did you sort yours?.