Join now - be part of our community!

PRS - 300 won't start up

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mijacks7276
Visitor

PRS - 300 won't start up

my PRS -300 is fully charged  and when i tried to turn it on it says it's openeing the book then you can see the boot up screen but that's as far as it gets before it starts all over again. it's been like this for hours now and i don't know what to do about it i can't reset it because it won't turn off and when i plug it back into the computer it says it's charging ok then when safely removed it does it all over again, i'm so frustrated, any help that you can give me will be much appreciated thanks so much

Michelle x

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Michelle,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I have a feeling that, despite the battery showing fully charged, your reader's battery may need charging..

Try leaving your 300 to charge via your PC's usb for a few hours, make sure your PC is switched on & not in sleep/screensaver mode..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Michelle,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

I have a feeling that, despite the battery showing fully charged, your reader's battery may need charging..

Try leaving your 300 to charge via your PC's usb for a few hours, make sure your PC is switched on & not in sleep/screensaver mode..

profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Just picked this up - if Thalamus' tip was no go, try a wall charger to give it a real boost.

And prior to the problem, had you left it charging for a long time on the PC ? Not common, but they can drain the battery, not charge it, if it does enter a sleep mode, as Thalamus hinted.