Join now - be part of our community!

"Reader for PC" not downloading books

chickooooo
Explorer

"Reader for PC" not downloading books

Hi Guys,

Please treat me gently as I am new to Ereaders etc.

I have a new Win8.1 lap top. I have just loaded "Reader for PC" on to it. It is version 2.3.00.03130

I have registered the PC and registered the Ereader (PRS-600) with the Adobe account. The Info page is showing that the PC and Reader are all OK.

I have checked the a"about" page on the Ereader and it is showing as registered.

I have browsed the UK store using the "Reader Store" Tab and have found a few free books on the site and bought them. They are now sitting in my "Library" all ready to download.

When I click on the Download all button it asks me if I want to download them all, I say Yes, and then I get the below error message saying there is a network error. Same if I try just 1 book to download.

I have checked my internet connection and it is OK. I have tried doing it with the firewall disabled but I still get it.

I have tried filling in my billing details through the "Reader for PC" tab to see if that was stopping it but all of this has not worked and I still get the Network error.

I have serached the forum but if the answer is there I have not found the right questions to unearth it.

Any advice is apreciated.

page.png

2 REPLIES 2
chickooooo
Explorer

I have tried "Help/Check for updates" and this works OK and tells me I am upto date so the network connection for the "Reader for PC" is working OK.

But it won't do the final bit of downloading the book.

Any help is appreciated.

chickooooo
Explorer

If I view the shop using my browser rather than the Reader software I can download the book to my download file and if I double click on it, it goes the the Library no problem. So I have a work around but it would be nice to be able to do itthrough the Library.