Join now - be part of our community!

R4PC will not accept my Adobe ID

profile.country.en_GB.title
sarahlou128
Visitor

R4PC will not accept my Adobe ID

Hi,

I really need some help, I have been given a Sony PRS-T1, I have downloaded the reader for pc software but when the prompt box appears for me adobe ID it will not accept it (even though I have checked the ID works on the Adobe main site.....  The reader says its authorised for DRM but when I cannot add books on via Sony reader as it wont activate my account, and I cannot use Calibre as the book says DRM content protected (even though the device says authorised for DRM viewing in the about section!) Please help,

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

It sounds like the reader is already authorised to the previous owner. You can only authorise the reader to one Adobe ID.

You therefore need to de-authorise the reader first to remove the previous Adobe ID authorisation. Then re-authorise to your Adbobe ID.

sarahlou128
Visitor

Thank you- do you know how I can do this- or does it have to be done by previous owners? I did find a fix using adobe digital editions but this is not compatible with the prs-t1......

Your help is appreciated as I have got very frustrated with it!

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

You've two options

1 ask the previous owner to do it, they need to plug it into their computer and use R4PC to de-authorise.

2 you can do a hard reset, this will erase everything and enable to start a fresh. For this just google 'hard reset for sony T1'

carpetmojo

Well, I thought I'd look, using the "helpful" search facility..... The first thing to hit me was it does not recognise the tag "outhorise" ! Then it told me it did not recognise the tag "owner" !!  :thinking:

Ridiculous - I know there are some posts on authorising to new owner, but can't find 'em...

Hopefully someone else can help.

I would presume you'll need their password etc ....but I don't know for sure.

Check your PM's.