Join now - be part of our community!

Sony software on prs-t1

profile.country.da_DK.title
suppeDK
Visitor

Sony software on prs-t1

Hi alle

When can I expect a decent software version on my prs-t1?

I have different problems:

1. I would like to have double-click again (on a word).

2. When I will highlight some text at the buttom-text, the dictionary pops-up over the highlight, therefore not possible to highlight multiple text lines.

3. Font size is still too large.

4. Stil many problems to read PDF/ landscape mode

5. Refresh every page.

6. The text is not "full of contrasts" /even in custom mode.

I will like to have better software Sony.....fail me not.

Message was edited by: -Cass-

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Hello suppeDK - well, here goes from me anyway....

1) Why do you want this ? For the dictionary ? I agree it's not as easy as the 650, but liveable with, I think...

2) Afraid know nothing about this feature - others help ?

3) Wow, you must want it pretty small ! I know a very small number of books seem to not change font size - dunno why - but I've never wanted it lower than second size - lower than the setting one and you're into magnifying galss territory, surely ? :thinking:

4) Dont do this, but it is just a little old screen, not a pad/laptop. I find the browser tricky, but that's probably me.

5) I find the contrast adjustment pretty good, but it did take me a while to find the right setting for me, I presume it's the same for everyone - I'm on +98 -94, which suits me.

Hope you enjoy, anyway.... :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Its also worth noting that Sony has never upgraded firmware on its readers to change or add functionality. So you'll be waiting a long time I'm afraid

suppeDK
Visitor

Thansk for answering. I'll try to elaborate further....

1. I want double-click for dictionary or highlight (as an option). It is much faster to double-click --- anyway there is too long hold down now, before anything happens (.....)

2. This is a bizarre fault in the functionality....

3. Okay, I think the leap in the font-size is too big. I need a finer graduation in the font-size...not Big Big Big Big...

4. Some PDFs works...but most of them do not function on the reader. The text is too big - too small or too unclear...and so on. The font-size works sometime, but it is not common.

5. I don't fint the contrast adjustment pretty good; there should be an auto adjustment (that works). When I use your settings, the font is very rough ( not very accurate)...

and

I need custom dictionary (options).

suppeDK
Visitor

Thansk for answering..

When I had prs-650, I actually waited for a better software, but it never came ...

I am afraid you are right.....why does Sony act that way?

Give me the Source Code....

profile.country.en_GB.title
carpetmojo

Course, there is always .... the Tree Book ....  and p'raps a pencil, eraser, Tree Dictionary, and.... glasses ? :smileymischief:

:wink: