Join now - be part of our community!

USB Charging

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cratilde
Visitor

USB Charging

I have an issue with charging my T1 at work which is where it is would be most handy. I plug it into the usb port on my windows pc and it's fine for a few seconds until the security software on the pc shuts down the mass storage device. The reader had charged for a few seconds but as soon as it connects it stops charging. This is quite frustrating.

My android phone, however, doesn't stop charging when mass storage is shutdown as it gives me the option to 'charge only'. I would very much like for the firmware on the reader to have this facility to charge, via usb, without having to connect the mass storage device. I feel sure you could do this and you should definately consider it for the next firmware release. TIA :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carpetmojo

Haven't heard of that before - but it makes a weird kind of sense I suppose, but whether it's a fault, or your security system's ultra I wouldn't know....:smileyconfused:

However, a wall charger is by far the best method, that I do know.

As with the x50 generation, it gives a better charge that lasts longer - and you can simply leave it on overnight, as you can't overcharge these batteries.

It also "educate" the battery, maintaining the charge longer - up to a point, naturally.

I use mine a lot, and it's on around a month "life" now.

Worth investing - and they dont, um, have to be expensive...... but don't try anything Apple-y to charge it. Some phone chargers will work, Samsung is one I've heard of.

And don't forget it gets a little boost every time you hook it up, for downloading, say, once it has a good starting charge.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
carpetmojo

Haven't heard of that before - but it makes a weird kind of sense I suppose, but whether it's a fault, or your security system's ultra I wouldn't know....:smileyconfused:

However, a wall charger is by far the best method, that I do know.

As with the x50 generation, it gives a better charge that lasts longer - and you can simply leave it on overnight, as you can't overcharge these batteries.

It also "educate" the battery, maintaining the charge longer - up to a point, naturally.

I use mine a lot, and it's on around a month "life" now.

Worth investing - and they dont, um, have to be expensive...... but don't try anything Apple-y to charge it. Some phone chargers will work, Samsung is one I've heard of.

And don't forget it gets a little boost every time you hook it up, for downloading, say, once it has a good starting charge.