Join now - be part of our community!

A6000 Double Cashback deals

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
AbdulKazi
Explorer

A6000 Double Cashback deals

Hey Guys,

Thinking of buying myself a Alpha A6000 from John Lewis. Sony are currently doing a double cashback deal on the camera, which means £100 back. Sounds like a no brainer, need a new camera so why not buy this and benefit from Sonys Cashback.

However I've been reading loads of threads on this forum with people having a bit of a nightmare with getting their claim to be accepted. Can I ask anyone whose had success receiving cashback to reply to this thread with how long it took and when was it submitted. I'm aware of the rumours that a new camera is about to be announced to replace the A6000, but for my needs A6000 will do what I need it to do successfully at a great price if I can get a £100 off.

Thanks for any replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
AbdulKazi
Explorer

No worries Jumpsuit :),

Initially I was worried about Cashback when I posted as I'd heard a lot of horror stories on this forum and Twitter. What you don't normally hear about are the successful stories. My cashback came pretty quick, I just needed to make sure everything was filled in correctly and if it wasn't I'd chase up and ask what else they wanted to honor the cashback (time was the esssence as I was nearer to the promotion coming to an end and didnt want Sony to have an excuse not to pay up). PMake sure you product and retailer is eligable for cashback. If its the A6000  you're looking at, it's a cracking camera, I just need to get the 50mm 1.8 lense.

Thanks 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
dw1000
Explorer

Hi AbdulKazi, did you have any luck? The offer is back on again it seems. Also, if you bought it have you been happy with it? Thanks!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @dw1000 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it looks like AbdulKazi hasn't been back since August 2015

so I doubt they will answer.

Also the cashback offer ran from the 24th May to 3rd September 2017 according to the Sony info

so has now finished. 😞

profile.country.GB.title
AbdulKazi
Explorer

Hi,

Yes I did get cashback, however I had to chase a little and makesure I'd sent them all the proof they requested and on time.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for posting AbdulKazi :slight_smile:

(And for making me eat my words that you probably wouldn't respond :grin: )

profile.country.GB.title
AbdulKazi
Explorer

No worries Jumpsuit :),

Initially I was worried about Cashback when I posted as I'd heard a lot of horror stories on this forum and Twitter. What you don't normally hear about are the successful stories. My cashback came pretty quick, I just needed to make sure everything was filled in correctly and if it wasn't I'd chase up and ask what else they wanted to honor the cashback (time was the esssence as I was nearer to the promotion coming to an end and didnt want Sony to have an excuse not to pay up). PMake sure you product and retailer is eligable for cashback. If its the A6000  you're looking at, it's a cracking camera, I just need to get the 50mm 1.8 lense.

Thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hiya and thanks for your mercy :slight_smile:

Yes its a great camera!

I was lucky enough to try one out a while ago.

Did you see the blog article about Sam and Ben Pilling (Sony's UK and Europe camera trainers) in the blog section here?

You know you've made a good purchase if Sam says:

"“My favourite camera is the α6000. It’s not the most expensive or the grandest; it just takes really, really good photos. It’s Sony’s best-selling camera ever because you just know you’ll get some great pictures.”

:champagne_glass:

profile.country.GB.title
dw1000
Explorer

Thanks so much Jumpy and AbdulKhazi for replying and for the helpful info (and for the welcome too :smiling:)! I bought it online on the night of the 3rd and Sony tell me I have a month to claim the cashback which is great. I'll check out the blogpost. I can't wait for it to arrive now!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hiya dw1000

You're 'welcome'. :grin:

Glad you managed to make a purchase in time :slight_smile:

If you have any problems with the cashback process then just let us know.

Enjoy your new camera :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
dw1000
Explorer

Thanks so much! :grin: