Join now - be part of our community!

AWFUL Customer Service!

profile.country.en_GB.title
luis.a.ll
Visitor

AWFUL Customer Service!

I order a customised Sony VAIO online a couple of weeks ago. Everything was brilliant until the day the express delivery I paid for was scheduled for came (a friday). Sony hadn't givent TNT the right address and therefore the parcel went back to the warehouse. After a long phonecall with TNT, in which I asked for the delivery address to be changed, I was told that Sony needed to authorise such change and that it would happen on the monday. In the end, I had to go to the middle of nowhere in an industrial area in London to pick the computer myself.

When I finally got home and unpacked the laptop, the screen was damaged. On a conversation with a operator from Sony I am told that a new computer is being ordered personally by him to replace mine the same day and my damaged one would be collected in a couple of days - emphasis: I wasn't going to have to wait for them to receive my old one to start the process of ordering a new one. After a whole day with no confirmation of this I give them a call back and an operator, full of attitude and disregard tells me nearly shouting down the phone that that isn't happening and that I need to wait even longer.

I am then told that there isn't a single direct phone number or email address to place a complaint. Who would have said huh? Sony is only a tiny little electronic shop...

Outcome of my Sony experience: After exactly 39min and 56sec on the phone with full of attitude and completely unhelpful staff at Sony support center, and subsequently extra charges on my phone bill - not to mention the further TNT phonecalls summing up to another 20min, I now find myself with a mountain of work that I haven't done, an £800 computer that is in total going to take a month to arrive and an old Sony VAIO that is making my work even slower.

Thanks so much Sony, YOU ROCK.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi Luis

I dropped an e-mail to my colleagues in the sales team earlier today.  By now you should have spoken to Abi who has kindly offered to look after this issue for you from now on.  From the details I have received, it all seems to be back on track now?

Do let us know if there are any further issues.

Best regards

Lee

profile.country.en_PL.title
davcarls
Visitor

Completely agree. I can't believe this is the second time I've arranged a collection for in-warranty repair, stayed at home all day and no-one has shown up and not even a phone call.

Sony may think they're saving money by outsourcing their Customer Service but they have just lost one customer for life, and probably many others by the sounds of things.