Join now - be part of our community!

can i upgrade to windows 10

profile.country.GB.title
ziad.the.knight
New

can i upgrade to windows 10

hi i have a sony vaio laptop VGN-CS36MJ that runs windows 7 64 bit and i want to know if i can upgrade to windows 10 from it and thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @ziad.the.knight and welcome to the Sony user Community :slight_smile:

My advice is not to bother trying to upgrade to Windows 10 with your model :slight_frown:

I think it would be more trouble than it's worth due to its age and also the fact that Sony aren't providing Windows 10 support for your model.

From Sony Asia:

"VAIO computers:
• Check here for information related to the compatibility, instructions, drivers, etc. for models supported for Windows 10.
Please note that Sony is currently not planning on providing an upgrade procedure, nor drivers and utilities, for older models which were released with Windows 7 or previous versions of Windows preinstalled."

I believe your notebook came with Vista installed, did you upgrade it to Windows 7?

Either way you would have to attempt to perform an upgrade (after backing up everything you need on the pc first)  and then attempt to find the drivers etc that you would need after the install, and that's even if you can. :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Aminur71
Explorer

I have a sony vaio laptop that came from UK. Its a bit old and recently I install Windows-7 OS but the problem is the graphics broken, its not smooth at all, all the fonts have shadows and whenever I play HD movie it's print is like pixely.. and not clear. Few minutes ago I wanted to install "sony Vaio Care Recovery" tools but its says "To run this applicatio, you must install one of the following version of the. NET Framework: v4.0.30319" 

The model No of my laptop is VPCEE3EOE. I have searched in google for sony vaio graphics driver but couldn't found. Please help me.           

profile.country.GB.title
ziad.the.knight
New

Have you tried to reinstall the system?

Have you tried to update the drivers of the graphics card from the device manager ?

Where did you get the driver for your graphics card from ? and what is the driver version ?

Tags (1)