Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback Scam

profile.country.GB.title
glasseyes
Explorer

Cashback Scam

After e mailing the Jessops receipt with the VAT number Model number and price I keep e mails from Sony asking for VAT invoice model etc? so I re send all I have from the store and again get an email back asking the same. Now I have run out of time according to them!!! In between me starting the process I went to USA for two weeks so could not accomodate their demands, when I got back I resent my only proof of purchase highlighting the VAT MODEL etc so have threatened them with further legal action if they dont give me cashback as advertised on my Alpha 7mkiii. Worse than that I have been a SONY service agent in the UK for over 20 years and if I provided service like this I would have been kicked off the network. Very poor customer service.

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @glasseyes :slight_smile:

I can understand your frustration.

Other members have experienced glitches before but we usually manage to get them sorted out.

I have escalated this for you and someone will be in contact with you in the next few days.

Are your contact details correct in your profile?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @glasseyes 

Support have attempted to contact you but your details arent visible.

They have asked me to get you to contact them to check whats happening with your claim.

Contact details here 

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
glasseyes
Explorer

Hi thanks for your support I have re sent the shop invoice again and at the moment they are processing it? So still waiting.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @glasseyes 

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update, keep us posted.

profile.country.GB.title
glasseyes
Explorer

it's now over a month and still no cash back what a con! Very disappointed in Sony who I have been part of their Tv Audio service network for over twenty years providing repairs in and out of warranty. We are targeted to complete jobs in a time scale and marked down if we did not reach targets! I expected more and better treatment than this.

profile.country.GB.title
glasseyes
Explorer

They have not tried very hard I have replied to all their requests and sent three times now the proof of purchase.

profile.country.GB.title
MRVIDEOSCOPER

Recently purchased latest sony 200-600mm lens.It came with an extra 1 years warranty.I have been trying for the last few weeks to activate the extra warranty but find it impossible to do so.I have phoned Sony customer support 4 times in EGYPT?Yes their customer support is in EGYPT. On each occasion i have had to send them photos of the actual lens with the serial number showing plus the warranty card which was NOT in the box only a leaflet offering the extra 1 year warranty.Also photo of the box and shop receipt which i have also sent.They also had the audacity to ask me to get the Sony store to phone EGYPT TO CONFIRM MY PURCHASE.SONY YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A COMPLETE DISGRACE.After sending £5000 on a sony a7rmk4 body and sony 200-600mm lens i think you should be ashamed of your treatment to me.Your products are excellent but your aftersales are non existant.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @glasseyes 

Has anyone said yet that your claim has been accepted?

Please let me know.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
glasseyes
Explorer

Keep at them I had the same problem with a. A7  body. Now waiting for cash back.
Max  

Sent from Samsung Mobile