Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting HT-SF150 to ps4 and monitor

Leigh789
New

Connecting HT-SF150 to ps4 and monitor

Hey I recently purchased the HT-SF150 soundbar and was wondering if would be able to use it playing sound from my ps4 through my monitor. My monitor is a samsung CJG5 and I have tried connecting one hdmi from ps4 to tv and one hdmi from soundbar to tv but still no sound. Any ideas??

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Leigh789,

does your Samsung monitor feature a HDMI port with ARC capabilities? If so, is the HDMI-cable which goes to the soundbar connected to the ARC-port AND is the cable ARC capable?

- Nic

Hi, I’m having a similar problem but with a Projector that doesn’t have an ARC HDMI port. 

Option 1: I wondered if I could split the HDMI signal from PS4 to go to the Projector and the sound bar, but there’s no sound from the HDMI connection.  Is there another way to send audio from PS4 to the sound bar? 

Option 2: is to send sound from projector (Elephas Q9) to the sound bar, but there’s no Optical TV port - only, headphone and AV jacks (in addition to the HDMI, USB and VGA in). Here I’m stumped as not sure if there’s a way to take that to the Sound bar!

any help very much appreciated..