Join now - be part of our community!

Cricket or Not Cricket

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cricket or Not Cricket

Whats your oppinon on the following?

1. Light hearted banter
  2. Sledging
  3. Describing someone as "poor and weak" (D Warner to J Trott)
  4. "Get ready for a *beep* broken arm" - (M Clarke to J Anderson)

For me

1. Cricket
  2. Cricket as long as its not crossing into indecency (ie racism etc)
  3. Cricket
  4. Not Cricket.
26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

You say that, but the fielding is uncannily familiar to many Sunday league teams I have played for over the years!

L

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cricket / Not Cricket

Not Cricket - Ground PA Announcer (D Nixon) introduces Monty Panesar onto the ground in an Indian accent.

Originally I had 'unsure' as I thought it was funny, but I can see that it was probably disrespectful to Monty.  My swinging vote on this, turned after I read on the BBC website (HERE) that Nixon was already warned about his behaviour of using sarcastic tones and teasing Joe Root.

On a side note, Im wondering if this Ashes tour is turning 'nasty' or is it all a huge PR facade designed to drum up some sort of 'tension'?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Cricket - Graeme Swann - Quitting with immediate effect, half way through an Ashes Tour.  Bit of a sore looser if you ask me, as if England were winning/won, would you have seen him quit ?  NO

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I wonder if it may just be that this was going to be his last series and they wanted to let some of the younger guys have a go? (They can't do any worse)

andrew-yatesafpgetty-images.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Public Relations spin might be to give someone else ago, but its not.  Hes taking the coward's way out, and to not face any more criticism for the poor efforts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

NOT CRICKET - BSkyB gets the rights to IPL 2015 onwards (3 year deal).  Where is Cricket on Free-To-Air TV !! 

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/feb/17/bskyb-uk-rights-ipl-twenty20-cricket

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

The same place that Premiere league football is....nowhere :slight_frown:

Anonymous
Not applicable

What gets me also, is what the hell do bodies such as Competition Commission do??  Sit on their hands I guess. Surely there are also Anti Monopoly laws and legislation too.  But a fat load of good that it does though. 

Even if I could afford Sky - I wouldnt.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I couldn't possibly voice my opinions on Sky here :wink:

Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL

Might get us both another slap on the wrist.