Join now - be part of our community!

Fantasy Football 2013/2014

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Fantasy Football 2013/2014

Hey!

To celebrate that Sony’s Hawk Eye goal line technology is being introduced in the new Premier League season, I thought we should have a Sony Community Fantasy Football league!

Do we have any football fans here?

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ is the link you’ll need. You’ll need to sign up first and then you’ll be able to create your team.

Then each match day you’ll be given points based on clean sheets, goals, etc. You’ll be able to make subs and transfers throughout the season. You can find all the rules here: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/the-scout/

Once your team is created, you’ll be able to join the league.

Sony Community league code is: 948955-247252

Good luck everyone!

Do you think goal line technology will have an impact this year? Who are your picks for the top 4/bottom 3?

Tags (2)
424 REPLIES 424
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Quinnicus wrote:

BTW - Does anyone know how Hawkeye will play a part?  As in, are there an appeals system (like Tennis/Cricket) or is it literally another Ref ?

According to a article from Goal.com the Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore stated "Whether the ball goes over the line is 100 percent definitive, which is why there is no human involved as in DRS in cricket."

So no it does not look like there will be an appeals process..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its good to know.  I seems that the technology is taking the ref work out of the...Is it a goal, or isnt it.  However thats only one factor.  Other sports, such as cricket has multiple factors to consider, which gives it another level of complexity.  Now all the FA has to go is tackle the issue of this tap-dive-roll-roll-roll-roll-cry-plead drama, as well as the blatent harrassment of the ref - and then football will be a better game.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Wow they train those hawks well!

Whats most impressive is that they can also text the rereree's wristpiece within one second of the ball crossing the line...

640x392_13159_267245.jpg

One hawk interviewed yesterday summed up the huge responsibility in just one word: "Sqwaaaaaak."

8461321-swainson-s-hawk-perched-on-fence-post.jpg

A Hawk Yesterday

Sadly a Kestrel has had to withdraw from the project as its owner, allegedly Craig David, wouldn't stop chasing it around the pitch shouting "Here Kes, Here Kes, can I get a reeeeewind. Bo selecta!"

And thats the truth, honest. :dizzy:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jumpsuit wrote:

Sadly a Kestrel has had to withdraw from the project as its owner, allegedly Craig David, wouldn't stop chasing it around the pitch shouting "Here Kes, Here Kes, can I get a reeeeewind. Bo selecta!"

Im probably being thick here, but I dont geddit?

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Ahhhh it may have been before your time, but do you remember the tv show Bo Selecta?

It was Leigh Francis' (then Avid Merrion, currently Keith Lemon) first show.

51DVXE208XL.jpg

I won't provide a link to a video here due to profanity / adult humour / offense but have a look on youtube for Craig david and kez.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jumpsuit wrote:

Ahhhh it may have been before your time, but do you remember the tv show Bo Selecta?

It was Leigh Francis' (then Avid Merrion, currently Keith Lemon) first show.

No, because im an Aussie :slight_smile: (or now an Aussie Ex-pat).  And now I understand why I dont get it ! :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Tries to send you links via telepathy lol

Back to fantasy football... has anyone else had trouble from their squad?

Gareth Bale is still moaning at me to let him go to Real Madrid.

profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

You're allowed to make changes for free up until the first deadline. 

Best thing to do is wait until very late to see what deals are done this week.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Cheers Drewde, handy to know.

Wonder if we'll get fantasy football reporters too?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Gareth Bale too.  As well has Tony Hibbert - who as of a few days ago has a 50/50 chance of playing.

How did you guys pick your players?  Was it - Choose the most expensive? or If like me, choose the players I've actually heard of :slight_smile: (didnt go for Rooney though)