Join now - be part of our community!

fdr x1000v

profile.country.GB.title
almokdad

fdr x1000v

hi all.

back in 2016 i bought a sony FDR X1000V action cam. i never used it as it would never connect to to the mobile wifi and this horrendous thing has no screen and you have to buy an arm screen separately. it went in the drawer after trying every thing possible. i since bought two go pro action cams and a cheap chinese third. genuinely the chinese although lacked slightly in video and sound quality against the go pro , it was the easiest to operate and it had its own screen.

lately i moved to Qatar and forgetting my troubles with the sony i brought it with me, i need to connect it to a jeep for sahara offroading. No words !! this thing is a nightmare. i tried conneting to two different android phones, version8 and 9, the amount of time i spent trying is stupid. the SSID will rarely show on the phones available wifi networks and when it does it never connects.

has anybody had any experience with this cam

i read manuals and forums, no luck

thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi almokdad,

If you would like to connect the action cam to your phone please use the app Imaging Edge Mobile.

You cannot connect the cam to the phone directly via WiFi.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
almokdad

Hi petermany thanks for your reply.

I tried connecting through imaging edge app as well as through sony's action cam app , countless times, all i get is: can not establish a connection between the camera and this app

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi almokdad,

Have you tried to reset the camera?

Cheers

Peter