Join now - be part of our community!

General Rant

Anonymous
Not applicable

General Rant

I am so sick and tired of calling up Sanctuary Housing in regards to my reception problem!  Most problems started about 4 months ago.

Ill explain:

I live in a block of flats that has a communal satelite/aerial which was put in about 6 years ago (so im told), and cost the many 1000's of £££.  However about 4 months ago, many people lost total reception.  Upon investigation, it was found that the mob who installed it, used white WF100 cabling.  Apparently the white colour is more succeptable to weather (sun) corrosion, and was all corroded (they should have used brown or black).  White is indoors, and brown/black outdoors.

A couple of weeks after that, all the white cabling on the outside was replaced with black WF100 cabling, and since then i have had no end of troubles with signal strength and quality on various multiplexes.  One time the aerial guys came out, they even blamed ME ! on my own setup.  Everytime they come out, they fix one problem, and then seems to screw up another multiplex.  They put their testing equipment on the line, and they say that signal strength is fine.  I dont even think they test for signal quality.  I swear they are doing this on purpose, to generate an additional call-out, hence more money.

And now, leads me to this rant.  Watching PickTV (LCN11) - Yes I know, its a blurry photo

PickTV.jpg

Yet BBC 1 is fine:

BBC1.jpg

PSB1, PSB2, COM4 and COM6 are fine - COM5 and PSB3 are not - goes in and out of watchable.  Another bloody phone call to them on Monday (im not allowed to go on the roof and fix it myself, otherwise I am liable)  -   ARGH.

To top it off, I have not had a fully operational bathroom/toilet for 5 weeks now.  A refurbishment thats supposed to take 5 working days, is now going into its sixth week.  After an offical complaint, was told it will be finished Mon/Tue coming up.  Why its taken so long - they do an hour or 2 of work, and that it for the week for the last 4 weeks.

Anyway, I think I feel a bit better now that Ive had my rant, and PickTV has come back with a signal strength of 60ish, and a quality of 20ish (with a heap of "post Viterbi" error corrections)

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Hi,

Sounds very much like the troubles I had with riverside and their roof when I was in the UK.  They were hopeless, you would report a leak and they would say "we'll send someone to look", 2 weeks on, no one shows.  They blame you, and say you were not in, but the thing is there were 5 other people living there at the time.  They are always watching people come in and out, so how come they never saw them?

If I could have afforded to, I would have gone with private renting, as it was a nightmare - just no support from staff at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its frustrating isnt it (epecially when they try it on and blame you)  :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

One of the reasons why I left - it was getting to me, and they didn't want to solve other issues with someone taking over communial areas and just making life hard for other tenants there.

I would suggest the CAB, but they're swamped and they'd probably say to you "at least you have a home" - though it is unacceptable they blame you for a cabling issue they made themselves.  

This reminds me of when they changed the floor in ours, they didn't flatten the floor so there were lumps in the new material, and they blamed everyone for walking on it!

Luckily my fiancé is in the estate angency busniess here so no more of that!