Join now - be part of our community!

Global Warranty a Joke?

Husky001
Explorer

Global Warranty a Joke?

Hello

I have purchased the phone mentioned below in the Philippines and I have been trying to get help from Sony to have my phone fixed since it is still under warranty.

I have made a lot of PAID phone calls and sent a bunch of emails, but Sony refuse to help me simply because it was purchased outside the UK. But I currently reside in the UK. It seems that they are suggesting that I purchase a plane ticket to the Philippines so I can have my phone fixed there. What a poor service! Do they punish me because I currently reside in the UK?

The phone is a SONY Xperia v LT25i SI 1269-0122 CB5 TYPE: pm-0060-BV AAD FCC ID: PY7PM-0060 13W18 S/N: xxxxxxxxxx IMEI: xxxxxxxx-xxxxxx-x. Date of purchase: 29th of June 2013 in the Philippines with a one-year global warranty (as assured by the store).

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
MK_Slinky
Contributor

Hi Husky001,

Did you purchase your phone from a Sony store? If so you may be able to get help from one here in the UK. If it was purchased from someone other than Sony perhaps they have branches here in the UK also?

You might want to edit your last post to remove your Serial Number & IMEI Code as the later posses a security risk to you.

The User Manual is your friend..., seek forth and ye shall find answers. Can't find any? Join the club, we have all the answers here, occasionally they're even right! :wink: Dr.Slinky McVelvet - Inventor of the word 'Mellifluous' - 30.12.14
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Husky001,

As daft as it sounds I think you will find that there is no such thing as international/global warranty for a Sony Experia phone despite what the store assured you.

Can I suggest you post a question on the Sony Mobile Support forum where you are likely to get better support and hopefully a definitive answer?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Wyley100
New

That's ironic, I've been talking to the UK "CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT" who are based in Egypt. I have been buying Sony products for the past 20 years and when you do need some assistance all I'm told is to throw the product away, it's not under guarantee anymore so Sony just does not want to know. I've come to the conclusion that their customer service is now worse than their products. I would never of said that a few years ago. Hope you get your repair sorted out.

ampcom
Explorer

You are right - sony do not care about their customers

i am having the same issues with a vaio flip laptop that has a faulty keyboard and less than 3 months old  - customer service simply are not interested, shame as they used to have such a good reputation

tony