Join now - be part of our community!

GPS-CS1 MALFUNCTION

profile.country.GB.title
brhatho
New

GPS-CS1 MALFUNCTION

I have two gps-cs1 unit kits. Both have stopped getting correct date & time info, so guess it's a satellite problem.I have heard it may be due to satellite rollover a bit like Y2K problems. Can anyone help, please?

5 REPLIES 5
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @brhatho have you tried resetting both units to factory settings? 

profile.country.GB.title
brhatho
New

Hi Piscie, thanks for your input. Unfortunately, GPS-CS1 has minimal controls. Apart from "ON/OFF", there is a "Clear" button which just clears the memory. When connecting to a computer, there are no usable controls. Shame to discard a fantastic piece of kit for something probably being foistered on us by the powers-that-be.

Regards

Piscie
Community Team

Hi brhatho, yeah that must be frustrating! But I'm afraid the device is too old, so I'm not sure if the repair centre still affords spare parts or not, you may need to check with them directly: https://www.sonypencoed.co.uk/contact/

profile.country.GB.title
brhatho
New

Hi again Piscie, yep, I guess it's time to get a new one. Such a shame it is (was?) perfect. Lightweight and only one AA rechargeable battery lasted all day. Progress? I don't think so. Instant download with Breeze Downloader Pro: super!

Regards

kev_bite
New

I've hit the same problem today, it seems that it's possible to work around the issue by manually editing the `.log` files.

each log file has a `$GPRMC` message which includes the date. For example.

$GPRMC,130056,A,1310.5123,S,07233.2770,W,000.3,000.0,230404,,,A*7D

230404 within this message is the date of 2004-04-23, if you update that to be the correct date then you're back in business!