Join now - be part of our community!

Help needed with cash back issues

profile.country.GB.title
Orsank
New

Help needed with cash back issues

Good day,

I'm having issues with the lens cash back. On 29th June I bought my 70-200mm F2.8 GM lens and registered the item on my account on 1st of July at Sony. On 28th August I registered for the cash back and after submitting the info, the Sony website said my submission was sent.

Recently (8th October) I went to check my submission, because it was taking quite long to hear from Sony, only to find out that I never gotten a cash back from Sony. I called customer service (Dutch customer service, because I live in the Netherlands), and he stated that I was supposed to get an email confirmation after the cash back application. I never gotten this email confirmation. I wasn't aware you were supposed to get this email confirm so that's why I never got back to Sony about this earlier.

The customer service agent said he couldn't do anything for me and that I was too late to fix this. I don't understand why I'm not being helped, because I was on time with registering the product and submitting for the cash back. The camera lens that I'm submitting for cash back is also an expensive one so I'm disappointed (to say the least) that Sony is leaving me just like this.

Could someone please help me with this case, because I did turn in everything before the deadline.

Best, Örsan

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Orsank  and welcome to the UK Community :slight_smile:

Apologies for the late reply, has anyone been able to help yet?

Let me know and if not I will escalate this for you.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Orsank
New

Hi Jumpie,

thanks for getting back to me. No unfortunately I haven’t gotten help yet. However I’ve been thinking, maybe the error is because I’m from the Netherlands (and bought the product in NL as well) but when registrering the cash back I somehow got redirected to the UK site and thus my account became an UK account, while it should have been a NL account. Maybe that could explain the error? Anyway I hope to hear from you! Thanks again for looking into it. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @Orsank  :slight_smile:

Its possible that could have been the problem, however I have escalated this for you

just to check :slight_smile:

Hopefully someone should be in touch in the next few days, are your contact details correct in your profile?

Keep us posted.