Join now - be part of our community!

Help with VAT back form

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
RJUK2010
Visitor

Help with VAT back form

Hi folks,

I've recently bought a Sony NEX-5 camera with the intention of sending off for the VAT back, but am a little confused with a couple of things on the application.

Firstly, the European Guarantee form.  I have one, but as the camera was ordered online it arrived within the Sony sealed box, and as such has not been stamped by the shop that I bought it from.  Does it need to be stamped for the purpose of the VAT back claim, or is it only stamped if/when you return the item under the guarantee?

Secondly, the serial number and model codes are not clearly labelled on the device at all, so I was wondering if anybody with a NEX-3 or 5 can shed some light.  Is the model just "NEX-5", or do I have to specify the package that I bought?  On the box it says "NEX-5 D" I think, because I have the dual lens kit, however on the bottom of the camera it just says Model No: NEX-5.  The serial number is not marked at all, but again, there is a sticker on the bottom of the camera with a number of about eight digits printed on it.

Any help you can give would be appreciated!

Tags (1)
16 REPLIES 16
poliver77
Visitor

Hi Lee,

Please can you help me!?  I've been trying to contact the helpline for the VAT back but I'm constantly getting the engaged tone!  I've also tried to contact all my local Sony centres but also either get the engaged tone or an answer phone.  It's very frustrating!

I sent my claim form & original receipt but forgot to enclose my guarantee document.  I tracked my claim and it was delivered on 24th December.  I've not had any correspondance from Sony regarding my claim.

What should I do?  I'm now concerened that I have missed the 'cut off' date to claim (which from reading other peoples comments is 28 days) although I can't recall being advised of this on the form or by the sales person when I purchased my product.  

Please advise as I am becoming more frustrated by the day!

Thanks.

mfreidin
Visitor

I sent documents just before Christmas and got the VAT cheque back recently. Taken about 3 weeks.

flintst0ne
New

Hello,

I sent my VAT letter off in the first week of January and haven't heard a thing since :cry:

Does anyone know the normal time it takes to process and who to contact to chase up?

Thanks

phooeyman
Visitor

Sony is messing me around now .....

Message was edited by: phooeyman

pepagna75
Visitor

I sent my form and documents before christmas, after buying a Bravia tv specifically because of this offer. I have not heard a thing, after 6 weeks. What is the helpline number please ?

Peter

RJUK2010
Visitor

Finally received my VAT back claim confirmation yesterday in the post.  I basically received an envelope with the returned forms that I sent away, plus a letter from Sony telling me that they'd be paying the claimed VAT back into my account as requested.

rebecca40
Visitor

Am I the only one still awaiting vat back?  Sent off all the paperwork in January and have no response to e-mails, telephone calls!!

I made copies of all the forms and have tracking number and proof of delivery via track and trace.

So why am I having no joy?

I have PM'd Lee but as yet no joy there either.

Any help gratefully received.

Bex