Join now - be part of our community!

How do I ask question in the Community???

SOLVED
siquarm
Explorer

How do I ask question in the Community???

Maybe I'm dumb... but I cannot find a way of starting a new topic in the Community.

I go to the Community, enter something into the nice box and click the 'Ask now' button; then I get a list of all the topics started by other people. These may or may not be relevant; if not, then how do I start a new topic?

I've gone round and round in circles, repeatedlyviiting the same screens, and I cannot find a button anywhere for 'Start new topic' or equivalent. Nor can I find any help.

Please can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

siquarm
Explorer

Yes... I found another question that had been posted for cameras.

My problem was that I came to the forum by following the "Get community support" link; this does not delver the user to a page where there is a possibility of asking a new question. Instead, one has to re-enter the community and drill down to the correct level before the button is visible.

Thanks for checking anyhow! I will close this topic.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Gambler99 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

To make a post here just go to the main fourm page Here  and select a category.

When you click and enter the category you will then see a 'New Message' tab, for example:

new message.jpg

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Drewde
Administrator

Hi siquarm,

Welcome to the Community.

It looks like you figured it out. https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/pcs-accessories/windows-10-for-older-vaio-pcs-win-7-and-earlier/m-p/...

:thumbsup:

siquarm
Explorer

Yes... I found another question that had been posted for cameras.

My problem was that I came to the forum by following the "Get community support" link; this does not delver the user to a page where there is a possibility of asking a new question. Instead, one has to re-enter the community and drill down to the correct level before the button is visible.

Thanks for checking anyhow! I will close this topic.

profile.country.GB.title
Gambler99
Explorer

why does the forum hide from newcomers how to ask questions - I had to piggy back in on someone else's post

profile.country.GB.title
Gambler99
Explorer

also nobody ever answers the question - they just keep saying "it looks like you found it" 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Gambler99 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

To make a post here just go to the main fourm page Here  and select a category.

When you click and enter the category you will then see a 'New Message' tab, for example:

new message.jpg

Cheers