Join now - be part of our community!

Loss of vulnerable service

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Loss of vulnerable service

I am one of the poor benighted souls whose Sony CMT MX750Ni no longer receives the vTuner  Internet radio service. There was a notification of "temporary" suspension in May this year but since then - complete silence from Sony. Now this happened before, last year, and to me two months is NOT temporary. All I can say is £225.00 is a lot of money to have paid for a glorified CO player. "Disappointed" does NOT cover how I feel about it. I am disgusted with the lack of information from Sony. Why are they not putting out regular updates?

Customer Services have not. Been issued with any real information, Sony must treat it's staff as well as its customers like mushrooms.

Hoping against hope for news soon. 

5 REPLIES 5
dscw551
Explorer

I'm a rare user of this community thingy so don't know whether this is the right or best forum to contribute, but I agree 150% with DrakesDrum. My wife bought the same model a while ago and after initial enjoyment the vTuner service disappeared and we now have the same overpriced CD player. Having given up for a while I've now come back to find that the 'temporary' problem seems permanent, and since Sony appears to continue to stonewall, I wonder if it's time for a new tack. Has anyone thought of making a case with the UK Trading Standards Agency, under the Sale of Goods act, as Sony appears to be selling a product which doesn't deliver the service offered. Perhaps legal action will make them listen. Views?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I thought the vTuner topic was dead long ago.  Unfortunately, it will not be coming back - as yoi have found out.  Unfortunately in the end it was out of Sonys hands.

original.jpg

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
DrakesDrum

Hi,

Yes this indeed is permanent. However, I own a synology NAS system that
stores and streams my film/ music library through their house on all
wireless receptive units I own, including their Sony box.

Within their Synology is there option to download. SHOUT. This is similar
to v tuner and I now have Internet radio back on their Sony. It does not
come through their "music services" but through their Home Network.

We have found that there synology is a fantastic piece of kit and their
help desk really on their ball.

Have a look and see if one of these would be useful for you. A considered
purchase, but outs looks after all media, stores photos and files, films,
videos, you name it. And also a fantastic Internet radio service.

Good
luck
dscw551
Explorer

Very many thanks: will give it a try!

Tim
dscw551
Explorer

OK thanks. Having had other things to do in recent months I was hoping something might have changed for the better, but thanks for this clarification anyway.

Tim