Join now - be part of our community!

Mirroring utube content from IPhone XR to Sony AG9 tv

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Braviaoled
Explorer

Mirroring utube content from IPhone XR to Sony AG9 tv

Hi Sony Community

I have a Sony AG9 tv with Ethernet connection, a Sky Q box router and iPhone XR cell phone.

How can I play utube content from my iPhone to the tv?

I have enable wi-direct and so I can mirror content, such as images on my phone to tv.

However, when watching utube on my iPhone, I am on a different WiFi network to WiFi direct, so I cannot use this facility.

Is the work around maybe an HDMI cable connection?

I would prefer not to use cables.

Any meaningful advice much appreciated.

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The Cast can be obtained from the YouTube App, for example, or from a Smartphone (even duplicating the screen and not only sending a content but this if it is Android). Mirroring, which AG9 does not have, is screen duplication but is not used by Apple anyway. The problem of Wi-Fi and Ethernet doesn't have to be there, to use the TV via LAN and the Smartphone via WLAN and send anyway (same network in fact).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

You have to connect the TV in the same network of Phone (LAN and WLAN are Ok, just in the same network, disable Wi-Fi Direct), after that you can Cast what you want by Cast icon in YouTube App.

I don't think iPhone can send all the display to TV by his integrate TV's Chromecast.

AG9 don't support Mirroring (Miracast).

profile.country.GB.title
Braviaoled
Explorer

Hi Marino.Manilo

Thank you for your feedback.

By ‘being in the same network’, I assume that you are referring to the WiFi network of the Sky Q box router.

Whilst I believe this would solve my problem, I prefer the robustness of Ethernet for content.

I can screen mirror my iPhone stored images and movies satisfactorily using WiFi direct and communicating via the Sony Bravia network on my iPhone.

Previously I tried gave screen casting a utube video, but not via the app as you suggest, so I will try.

AG9’s ‘do not support screen mirroring’ but I can by using WiFi direct.

Or maybe I am misunderstanding the terminology, which if so, I apologise.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

The Cast can be obtained from the YouTube App, for example, or from a Smartphone (even duplicating the screen and not only sending a content but this if it is Android). Mirroring, which AG9 does not have, is screen duplication but is not used by Apple anyway. The problem of Wi-Fi and Ethernet doesn't have to be there, to use the TV via LAN and the Smartphone via WLAN and send anyway (same network in fact).