Join now - be part of our community!

Optimising battery life-span

profile.country.NL.title
velcitar
New

Optimising battery life-span

Can anybody please give me advice on the most effective way to keep a sony-walkman battery at maximum capacity strength over time?
I recently purchased the SW nwz-s755 (info: https://www.sony.nl/electronics/support/digital-music-players-nwzs-series/nwz-s755/specifications) new factory-sealed on Amazon and the battery was empty when opening the package in 2018.
It's for a gift, so i need to keep it in as mint condition as possible for probably another year or so, maybe more. I won't use t unless it will help keep up the battery lifespan, then i'll do so systematically, and i need to know if the mp3 is safe to store in the fridge, or otherwise the best cool spot to preserve the battery w/o opening up the player.

Thank you so much, anyone, it's a lifesaver.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi velcitar, 

Welcome to the community. 

I'm just going to try to find some answers for you. In the meantime, maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. 

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi velcitar,

I don't think storing the player in a fridge would be a good idea.  I'd say it's better to keep it at room temperature in a dry environment. Extreme heat or cold will possibly reduce battery performance. Also, if you still have the supplied USB cable, it's better to use it for charging instead of using other cables. 

Best wishes,

Vanilla_

profile.country.NL.title
velcitar
New

Thank you for your reply. It's tricky because i've looked all over the internet and everywhere there's contradicting advice regarding the best ways to preserve battery life the longest.

It's so frustrating, i just have to settle eventually on one, and as fast as possible to that.

Also, why do you believe the supplied USB cable is particularly better than any other compatible cable to charge it with? Isn't it just a way to transfer electricity from the supply to the device?